dimanche, mars 23, 2008 Y 1:31 AM
let's go summer

mood: still awake
song: Across the Universe - Rufus Wainwright

*heaves a small sigh of relief* finally, i am now entitled to a three-week vacation... i almost thought i wouldn't survive PsychoWeek (i detest the fact they have to torture us by squeezing all the horrible tests and final exams -- read: accounting straight four days -- every time the semester's winding up). however, i am still optimistic that i will leave this gruesome chapter of my life without a scratch. (i might be getting really bad grades influenced by my midterm performance, but that's fine :p) ... to withstand all these purgatory thoughts, i am joined by my comfort food (namely: pizza, ice cream, cake, tacos, chips... and i have yet to unscrew that bottle of Bailey's Chocolate Mint but i'm saving it for clearance day), and watching my favorite movies and Simpsons DVDs. and i'm finally utilizing my w660i (Giorgio!) properly, feeding it with mp3s and videos and pictures and Michael Johns (who is mega- <3 !). i am going to be a bum, yes!

footloose and fancy-free... i spent the first day of my so-called freedom with a couple of my cousins to Ace Water Spa. i haven't gone swimming for a while now (the last time was notably in Boracay), and i haven't had any spa treatments yet, so this thing is quite a first. after much deliberation, we were up to our 'bare essentials'... and then i noticed my spaghetti top was somehow loosened from all the laundry wrinkling, but anyhoo. camouflaged thunder thighs check, we headed for the the pools. since i didn't have my contacts on, i didn't have to be so conscious about taking a dip, that was until i saw my top ballooning and the rim of my pants floating from the force of the bubble jets that i swear i couldn't keep my clothes on from the blasting. :P

comedy flubs aside, i enjoyed the whole experience. Des, who has been there before, told me that the must-dips are the herbal pools and the freezing tub. i wanted to stay in the freezing tub (because they didn't have any cold pools!), but then i might catch pneumonia harhar. the hydrotherapy pools (as they were called) lived up to their names, since you can get blasted on every point of your body, at least relieving the pressure points. what i liked most was the 'bed massage' where you lie facedown and there's a humongous stormy shower jet focused on your back; and the chest massage which i used on my head and neck, leaving me totally relaxed from all the tension mounting on my skull these few weeks. i was also quite proud that i got to swim four laps in the big pool... and i know how to do my 'bicycle backfloat' properly!

====
watched "Horton" yesterday. fun fun movie! easily likeable animation, and the humor is delightful. i swear i won't tire watching it. surely beats the mammoths of "10000 B.C." anytime (which really, really sucked!). :)

Libellés :