samedi, mai 05, 2007 Y 1:04 AM
it won't be soon before long

the hot new cover of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! ~ thanks to Diana for the pic! A Rundown: What's on Ellie's Mind?

the French presidential election (guess who i'm rooting for...), our own local elections (i only have half a ballot's worth of sure votes -- and 3 of them are from a lesser-known party. let me think!), the new single from Maroon 5, "Makes Me Wonder" ~ seen the vid and Adam's so damn gorgeous *drool*, the trailer of The Simpsons Movie (woohoo!), the HP5 movie & the HP7 book, TAR-All Stars finale (i still don't want the BQs to win...), AI finale (3 weeks, i'm sure a girl wins this time *har*), plans for a friends' outing (?)..



... conveniently summing up yours truly as a flagella in a petri dish.



Signal Fire

Snow Patrol



The perfect words never crossed my mind

Cause there was nothing in there but you

I felt every ounce of me, screaming out

But the sound was trapped deep in me



All I wanted, just sped right past me

But I was rooted fast to the earth

I could be stuck here for a thousand years

Without your arms to drag me out



There you are, standing right in front of me (x2)

All this fear falls away, you leave me naked

Hold me close, cause I need you to guide me to safety



No, I won't wait forever (x2)



In the confusion, and the aftermath

You are my signal fire

The only resolution and the only joy

Is the faint spark of forgiveness in your eyes



There you are, standing right in front of me (x2)

All this fear falls away, you leave me naked

Hold me close, cause I need you to guide me to safety



No, I won't wait forever (x3)




i haven't posted lyrics for the longest time... love love that song. that's from the OST of "Spiderman 3" -- which leads us to my most underweight film critique. :)



we watched the movie on its opening day ~ i think this was one of the rarest times i did so ~ as an escape from brutal heat and brutal boredom. it was crazy that almost all theaters were premiering "S3" due to massive crowd expectations, and massive it was. there were so many people lining up, and i thought with a bit disdain that the snivelly cinema owners in the whole RP struck gold. (last time i heard, i think "S3" raked P50+M on its first day here!) ... but anyways, we were lucky the cinema we entered wasn't packed at all.



... moving on (i know i'm boring you out! =p):



"Spiderman 3" was at most enjoyable. it had (as with the past two Spidey movies) all the elements of a hit blockbuster crowd-pleaser -- CGI, action, romance, comedy, a little drama, sob stories, etc. i believe this is supposed to be the "final" installment, that's why they gave much emphasis on the Peter-MJ-Harry relationship and introduced 2 more villains (explaining the runtime), but then we'll never know. well, three villains are hot, but... bad Spidey is wayyyy hotter. i liked it when Peter had his 'evil' thing going on, eyeshadows and all. (i'm sure you'll love it too *hee*!) ... although i was kinda sleepy (i slept at 3AM some hours ago before that ~ because of this blog! haha) i couldn't manage to doze at all since you'll always catch some action scene going on every 15 minutes! ... about the new characters: 1) Venom was most visible only at the latter end of the movie, hmm... 2) Sandman - i find it hard to recognize Thomas Haden Church here from his schlep role in "Sideways"!... 3) i wasn't so comfy with Gwen Stacy. am i the only one who thinks she looks old? =| ... another thing would be i somehow expected the Dr. Connors character to morph into some evil guy since in the past they had plans for that (but then if there's some more room for another sequel...) ... i'll reserve the last words for my fave -- Harry! there were so many times in the film that i had to restrain myself from making noises *lol*. he rocked this flick, actually ;)



there goes. i wouldn't say S3's my fave from the franchise (i think i prefer the first one), but then again what gives? movies like this are hard to come by. why is it that we are at a dearth of big/good films whenever summer rolls around? i haven't had any to look forward to anymore (save for "Pirates 3" maybe)...

Libellés : , ,