mercredi, septembre 26, 2007 Y 12:14 PM
guilty... pleasures

to get my mind off schoolwork (cutting classes as i speak! haha):


from Café Breton

The Ultimate Sinful Indulgence!


i don't know why, but these days i'm suddenly craving for Apple Pie. a warm, freshly baked apple pie with a tinge of cinnamon, sprinkled with raisins and topped with a generous serving of vanilla ice cream. it makes me wanna have a Homer Simpson moment -- drooling with my mouth open, groaning "aaaaaappppplllle piiiiiieee..." :D


apple pie's an intoxication my dad and i share. who doesn't like 'em? (kinda brings me back to my strangely fascinating connection with the "old" stuff!)... those tasty things...


... i'm in a hunt far and wide for the yummiest apple/cinnamon/raisin desserts! as only my pockets allow me, i've only gone so far with the 40php's and below. fastfood's not much of an option -- they're not baked, they're FRIED! FAAATS! -- but they're readily around and cheap. McDonald's Apple Pie isn't all that filling but it's delicious nonetheless. i prefer Burger King's Apple Pie, which is bigger and has more apple chunks but is less sweet than the latter. on the pastry side, i would love to go back to Glorietta and grab a real apple pie (i couldn't recall the place)... it's very crumbly and moist... but then the last time i had that was more than a year ago, so hmmm. Cinnabon's specialties are delicious, but on the more affordable side i'd rather have Goldilock's Cinnamon Roll. i would like to try Purple Oven's version of The Pie (i love their brownies, so it must be good too) and i promise myself that i will get my grubby hands on Bread Talk's Apple Worm by next month!


with all this talk about desserts -- boy, is this starting to be a food blog?, i plan to celebrate my 20th (which still is a long 2.25 months from now...) not with cakes but with those homebaked goodies (and a big bucket of vanilla ice cream!). and add to that my shameless requests for you guys to send moi boxes of 'em hahahah! ;) i've outgrown chocolatey stuff already.


.... i'd better go now! :)

Libellés :